Whether you're working with an architect, closet designer, or contemplating the offerings at IKEA, the following questions will help you create a highly efficient custom closet.
· Do you need a hamper for laundry and for dry-cleaning?
· Do you need lighting design in your closet?
· Do you require drawer dividers? Should they be removable?
· What is the size of your tallest and deepest handbag?
· What is the height of your highest shoe? Boot?
· How many rolled belts do you have? Hung?
· Do you fold or hang your scarves or both?
· Are your shirts hung on a hanger or folded?
· Do you hang your slacks the long way or do you fold them on a hanger?
· Do you have any long hanging items?
· Do you want to be able to iron or steam your clothes where you store them?
· How many ties, shoes, bags, shirts, dresses and jackets do you have? Which is the longest tallest and widest?
· Do you want storage for jewelry? Does it need to be safe guarded or displayed?
· Do you want to have a place to sit to put on shoes?
· Do you want a mirror incorporated into the closet design? Three way and also for waist up?
· Do you want an electronics charging station in the closet?
· Do you have any unusual closet storage needs such as specialty clothing for sports? Ski? Resort?
· What is your shoe size and height?