We have long admired Kelly Rutherford’s effortlessly elegant style: whether starring on "Gossip Girl", or squiring her adorable children around the Upper East Side, she always looks beautifully pulled together. And now, we’re excited to share, she’s available to help you style your wardrobe.
Kelly tells us her foray into one-on-one wardrobe styling came about organically, after friends and acquaintances sought her fashion know-how. The actress, who used to help stylist Eric Daman pull together her outfits for "Gossip Girl", jumped at the chance to spend an afternoon helping others do the same.
“It’s about finding new ways of pulling your things together and creating new outfits,” she says. “It’s weeding out things that you don’t wear anymore, and making a list of things that will round out your closet –both high and low. Maybe it’s just a few pairs of jeans from J.Crew and a great new Hermes cuff.”
Kelly likens her wardrobe styling services to “creative play within your closet” – and already has a list of clients singing her praises. (One them told us that when Kelly “transformed my closet, she transformed my style and my morning routine – which is now stress-free.”)
Interested in hiring Kelly for wardrobe and fashion styling? Please contact TheKellyRutherford@gmail.com and mention you’re a Clos-ette referral.
And for a quick closet pick-me-up, take a peek at her spring must-haves, below (or check her out on Pinterest!)
2. “I saw these [Cutler & Gross sunglasses] and just had to have them,” she says. “Great color and they go with everything.”
3. Kotur’s Pearce minaudiere is “simply elegant.”
4. Kelly is a fan of Swarovski jewelry, like this Black & White Louise ring. “They make incredibly chic pieces for a great price.”
5. DL1961’s Angel Bowie jeans are favored for their “great fit”. “Whenever I wear these jeans, people ask me what brand they are,” she says.
6. “I just love this sweater,” says Kelly of Leroy & Perry’s metallic crewneck style.
7. Lulu Frost’s Alchemy Necklace is a “beautiful statement piece –young and fun.”
8. “I wore this shoe on Gossip Girl,” Kelly says of these classic Manolo Blahnik pumps. “It went with everything.”